Need cheap high protein foods idea? With these top 20 we have you covered…
Eating more than your body weight in protein can be hard and expensive too. It doesn’t have to be that way and it doesn’t have to involve the same boring foods either.
We have pulled together our top 20 cheap high protein foods that will allow you to keep buying your quality protein but pairing this with cheap high protein foods that will keep that hunger at bay and that muscle growing without breaking the bank!
Top 20 Cheap High Protein Foods
1. Greek Yoghurt. Not regular yoghurt! You want that thicker and creamier Greek Yoghurt. This means high protein
2. Frozen Greek Yoghurt. HA! Bet you hadn’t thought of this one!
3. Cottage Cheese. This product is full of casein protein which is a slow digesting protein. Perfect right before bed to stop catabolism.
4. Ricotta. One of the best sources of whey protein. Absorbed quickly making it perfect for when your body is looking to repair itself.
5. Pork chops. Pig out on this cheap high protein source!
6. Turkey breast. Often forgotten, turkey breast can be a cheap high protein source! Soak in brine before to make more tender.
8. Halibut. Not only a cheap high protein food but also high in fibre to keep you fuller for longer.
9. Sardines. Often overlooked but pack a massive punch of protein and flavour.
10. Tuna. An oldie but a goodie. Buy in bulk when on special and you’re set.
11. Baked beans. Cheap high protein source and versatile too. Packed full of fibre.
12. Chicken Breast. The king of cheap high protein food. A bodybuilder staple.
13. Lentils. Just like baked beans these area cheap high protein option packed full of fibre.
14. Peanut Butter. Fuels your body without breaking the bank (and one of our faves).
15. Nuts. Buy in bulk and nuts can be one of the best and yummiest cheap high protein foods and a great on-the-go snack too.
16. Bean chips. Another snack that is a cheap high protein food, crunchy and delicious. Look in your health food shop of health food aisle in your local grocer.
17. Tofu. Wanting to ditch meat for a day than look no further.
18. Eggs. Buy these in bulk and add them to whatever you can. Even mashed potato to make it even creamier.
19. Soba Noodles. Use this buckwheat Japanese-style noodle for your next pasta dish. They cook in half the time – bonus!
20. Smoothie. Add add quality whey protein like UPROTEIN 100% Whey Hydro + Enzymes powder along with eggs, peanut butter, greek yoghurt, milk and you’re set.